Hi Folks,

If we could get this group to deposit their left over material between the
sun and earth, we could have a space based sun shield. Once the need for
such a shield is over (if ever) the material could be scooped up and used
as reaction mass for some future craft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_Resources

"As of April 20, 2012, only a list of major investors and
advisors[3]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_Resources#cite_note-The_Guardian-2>was
known; a number of the project's backers are notable for their
entrepreneurship and interest in space, exploration, and research. Some
also have previous involvement in space research. It was speculated that
Planetary Resources is "looking for ways to extract raw materials from
non-Earth sources," as the means by which it would (as stated in its press
release) "add trillions of dollars to the global
GDP."[3]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_Resources#cite_note-The_Guardian-2>There
was speculation they are looking into mining
asteroids
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asteroid_mining>,[4]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_Resources#cite_note-The_Verge-3>
[1]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_Resources#cite_note-technology_review-0>
[3]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_Resources#cite_note-The_Guardian-2>
[5] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_Resources#cite_note-Forbes-4>with
one source reporting anonymous verification of that claim.
[6] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_Resources#cite_note-HuffPo-5>"

http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-57420110-76/planetary-resources-seeks-to-mine-asteroids-riches/

"A space startup says near Earth asteroids can be mined for water,
platinum, and other natural resources to enable space exploration and bring
those valuable materials to Earth."

The princelpal backers of this company would probably listen to Drs.
Calderia, McCraken, Salter, Latham etc. if such a marrage of concepts is
supported by this group.

Best,

Michael

--