From: "Russell Seitz" <russellse...@gmail.com>
To: geoengineering@googlegroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 8:16:07 AM
Subject: Re: [geo] CDR: Arctic phytoplankton - Nature's little geoengineers?

Despite their spectacular visibility, Arctic blooms absorb light as well as
backscattering it in ways more complex than microbubbles.

It is by no means clear what water temperature changes the interplay of
backscattering, undershine, and evolving population density will yield, for
dissolved rganic matter and suspended metabolic debris levels vary from
organism to organism let alone ecosystem to ecosystem.

One hopes multlspectral and hyperspectral imaging will yield some correlations
soon.