From: "Greg Rau" <r...@llnl.gov>
To: rongretlar...@comcast.net, geoengineering@googlegroups.com
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2012 7:54:23 PM
Subject: RE: [geo] Air capture: Modification of the Mg/DOBDC MOF with Amines to
Enhance CO2 Adsorption from Ultradilute Gases

As for the potential size of the tweaked fluxes, that would of course benefit
from further R&D. But speaking for enhanced mineral weathering angles,
potentially all of anthro CO2 could be mitigated this way because if we do
nothing this is the mechanism that will do the job over geologic time-scales,
as evident in the geo record. So the capacity is there, the issue is then
methods, cost, and impacts/benefits of accelerating this and by how much.
Again, more R&D needed.
-Greg