The notion that geoengineering disempowers those in developing countries
is a very odd argument, IMO.  How many times do we need to see analyses
that say developing countries will be very seriously impacted by climate
change before we're willing to say that they have such a huge incentive to
see something done about this mess that it's insignificant who is paying
for and doing the geoengineering?  As I've said in presentations and on my
blog, the symbol for climate change should not be a polar bear, but a map
of Bangladesh (possibly with the to-be-lost coastal land highlighted in
red?).

Of course there will be winner and losers.  Corporations that build wind
turbines, solar panels, batteries for EVs, etc. will have a dramatically
brighter future than those that continue to operate with their heads in the
sand.  (Note the relative ranking; this is not an absolute assessment.)
Sadly, corporations involved in disaster cleanup/rebuild will also see
increased business...