My reason for posting this is not to advocate CCS but to bring attention to
what looks like an advance in CCS technology.  Efficiencies appear to come
from the fact that the geothermal aquifer conveniently does triple duty:
supplies dissolved methane, supplies heat, and then receives CO2 for
sequestration.  I don't know anything about the research funding but the
video at this link has the feel of a slick promotion.