Jim,  cc list

    I really don't understand the ETC position, so please excuse a few
questions.  I restrict myself, and ask you to also, to CDR, not SRM.   I want
to tackle the easiest issues first.  The reason for asking the following is my
having just finished Chapter 1 of a new book Climate Change Ethics by Professor
Donald A Brown.  I today feel a responsibility to ask you about the ethical
foundation for the ETC positions you express below - that I find unethical.

   1.   Jim Hansen's civil disobedience actions arose from an ethical position
that I greatly admire.  As a highly credible scientist, way earlier than this
latest IPCC report,  he went out of his way (went to jail) to endorse exactly
what you are opposing.  In a 2008 article he showed how to bring CO2 levels
quickly down to the 350 level primarily through afforestation and some biochar.
   Do you think Dr.  Hansen should not have made that recommendation?  If so,
why not?

   2.   Could you explain ETC's ethical rationale for saying (below) that the
IPCC should not have introduced the word CDR?  Insufficient knowledge?
Insufficient study?  Insufficient review?    Need for more ethical training?

  3.    I have no sense how seriously ETC takes our current climate path.  I
view that path as the biggest global problem ever - and that all of us have an
ethical responsibility to do something about it.  Where do you rank it -
compared to anything else, population, food, etc?

  4.  I think the IPCC is a pretty good group to offer guidance on CDR.  I
can't think of a better group.  What other group would you rather see making
suggestions like those on CDR we heard about today?

Ron