On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 12:37 AM, Schuiling, R.D. (Olaf)
<r.d.schuil...@uu.nl> wrote:
> Therefore I say: Do as nature has always done it, by weathering basic
> silicates. Only because we are messing up the CO2 system, the weathering must
> move up to enhanced weathering, Olaf schuiling

Ah, given the volume of coal and oil burned and the amount of
weathering needed to compensate, this seems implausible to me.

How many tons of rock do you need to crush to take up the CO2 from a
ton of coal?  How much energy does this take?

Keith Henson
(Just an engineer, not a scientist)