David, list,  et al

        Re your "...what papers...." question below,  I suggest that for me the
most powerful are the many from Jim Hansen - clearly saying that even 350 ppm
is probably not enough.  He has mentioned in his papers both biochar and
afforestation in the CDR area.  I presume you are familiar with his position on
the need for CDR, but can give more specific citations.  I seriously doubt the
NRDC is going to disagree with Hansen on the urgent need for 350 or better -
are you?

        I think that the FOE position is more positive than John Nissen has
described - and will comment on that next.

        I don't think it pertinent, because the subject was the Keystone
pipeline, but Hansen gave powerful testimony on the need for carbon reductions
before a Senate Foreign Affairs Subcommittee a few days ago.  See
http://www.c-span.org/video/?318285-1/hearing-keystone-oil-pipeline.

Ron

On Mar 16, 2014, at 7:19 AM, Hawkins, Dave <dhawk...@nrdc.org> wrote:

> John,
>
> You say--
> the level of CO2 in the atmosphere has to be reduced if the world is to have
> any chance of keeping below 2 degrees C warming.
> If you are referring to today's level of CO2 in the atmosphere, what paper(s)
> can you point to that support this conclusion?
>
> As for the FOE comments about geoengineering, I think it is worth noting that
> FOE says it opposes only one form of geoengineering, SRM, and appears to be
> primarily concerned about one form of SRM, stratospheric particle injection.
>
> David
>

> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Mar 16, 2014, at 4:50 AM, "John Nissen"
> <johnnissen2...@gmail.com<mailto:johnnissen2...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> FoE says the WG2 report on climate impacts will be published on March 29th
> and the WG3 report on "pathways to avoid dangerous climate change" will be
> published on April 11th.

    <snipped>