Alan and list:

          1.  This is to ask for a clarification on your sentence from below:
> Hamilton correctly explains my arguments against a gradual ramp up of
> geoengineering as proposed by David Keith, and the lack of a rebuttal in
> Keith's book.

        Do you support the ramp up of at least some forms of CDR - as I think
urged by the authors of the WG3 report?

        2.  I haven't the foggiest idea how Prof. Hamilton would respond - as
(at least from the abstract), he doesn't seem to recognize that the CDR portion
of geoengineering was considered part of mitigation.  Anyone read the whole BOS
article to know if he makes any CDR distinction there?  That is - what is his
view of the latest AR5 report?   My belief is that his book sees CDR as
"benign".

        3.   This is another example of a need for new nomenclature for the
topics being discussed on this list.

Ron