Hi Bhaskar,

Thanks for this.  I am too late for the seminar, but I consider this work
to be of the utmost importance.  If climate continues to deteriorate, as
many now expect (especially those who suspect that Arctic warming has
become the main driver of climate change), we are going to have to find new
ways of boosting food production, with low or negative CO2 emissions.   We
have biochar and rock crushing on land, and use of kelp and algae at sea.
We must think about scaling these techniques up massively on the CO2
removal side (aka CDR Geoengineering).

At present the international community seem to believe that food production
is fine, and there is no crisis.  But the food price index is already at
the crisis level, and millions of people who were near starvation are being
pushed into starvation.  Typically this leads to civil strife as
governments are overthrown for not "managing the economy", e.g. in Egypt.
As climate change hits, the food crisis can only deepen.

Cheers, John