To add further on olivine milling methods we can save energy and transport
costs 1) up/down welling on ocean wave sinks 2) dropping them on dam
spillways allowing
them to flow freely downstream to the coasts 3) grinding them in tumble
mills close to beaches or dams using available renewable energy.

Peridotite rocks exist under ocean crusts. If we extend their water paths
into deeper depths to move sea water further down, we can see a lowering of
the ocean levels
close to the spreading ridges.Theoretically we can increase the
serpentinization rate by boring holes/cutting slits with a chain saw to
permit more sea water to take part.

Coastal olivine/serpentinite cliffs can also assist in reducing ocean
acidification by passing seawater through these rocks and letting them out
into the oceans.

Spreading natural silicates on mangrove forests, salt marshes and peatlands
to increase their plant growth and CO2 uptake. Coastlines can be protected
against sea-level
rises and erosion.

Parminder Singh
Independent Civil Engineer