Andrew

Allowing for spray vessels being in the wrong place or out of action I would like a fleet of 600 to hold warming at its present level.  This is based on the assumptions of figure 3 of my Phil. Trans. 2008 paper and could be adjusted for any others.

At $4 million US per vessel based on 1940 corvettes and actual component quotes this a capital outlay of $ 2.4 billion.

To pay this off over the lifetime of 25 years and do some maintenance might cost $240 million a year.

If we divide this by a world population of 7 billion this is 3 cents US a head per year.  It will go up with a log term for higher CO2.

Can I keep the 97 cents change?

Stephen

Emeritus Professor of Engineering Design. School of Engineering, University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3DW, Scotland s.sal...@ed.ac.uk, Tel +44 (0)131 650 5704, Cell 07795 203 195, WWW.homepages.ed.ac.uk/shs, YouTube Jamie Taylor Power for Change