My comment: Not feasible for large scale?

Abstract

The activation of carbon dioxide by transition metals is widely recognized
as a key step for utilizing this greenhouse gas as a renewable feedstock
for the sustainable production of fine chemi-cals. However, the dynamics of
CO2-binding and unbinding to and from the ligand sphere of a metal have
never been observed in the time domain. Here, we use the ferrioxalate anion
in aqueous solution as a unique model system for these dynamics and apply
femtosecond UV-pump mid-infrared-probe spectroscopy to explore its
photo-induced primary processes in a time resolved fashion. Following
optical excitation, a neutral CO2 molecule is expelled from the complex
within ~500 fs to generate a highly intriguing penta-coordinated ferrous
dioxalate that carries a bent carbon dioxide radical anion ligand, i.e. the
reductively activated form of CO2, which is "end-on"-coordinated to the
metal center via one of its two oxygen atoms.

Abstract:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/anie.201800672/abstract;jsessionid=C6893BA6BC2C5C7D92570C6B466B5F5D.f01t04

Press summary:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180315091801.htm