For me, the key thing is to determine how fast we have to deploy
geoengineering to save the cities. Sea level rise is largely irreversible,
so if we're hoping to have NYC and London in 100-300y then we desperately
need to know what we need to do with geoengineering deployment. I find it
surprising so little attention has been paid to this

We could be facing a potentially brutal choice in a decade or two - either
cut temperatures dangerously fast, or lose the cities. Far better to start
earlier, and not have to decide between those two evils.

Andrew Lockley