From: Andrew Lockley
Sent: 22 October 2018 14:27
To: Kevin Lister
Cc: robbie...@gmail.com; geoengineering@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [geo] Mimicking the poles

I interpret the suggestion as mimicking the specific patterns of albedo, which
have changed most notably at the poles - not a more general modification.

There have been proposals, Variously to:
*break up winter ice
*spread shiny minerals on the ice
*tether icebergs
*mix fibres with ice to increase strength
*restrain water flows with floating dams
*buttress glaciers with rock piles
*seed glaciers, or change their albedo
*clear boreal forests to restore tundra
*paint cities white