Hi Renaud,

I'd hoped to nudge people into reading the interview on their way to the
paper, but for anyone wants to dash straight for the science - and it is
worth the dash - you can read Pinto et al, 2020, here:
https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1029/2019GL086047?af=R.

Here also is the plain language summary:

*We investigate the potential impact of artificially reducing the amount of
sunlight that reaches the Earth's surface on the climate over sub‐Saharan
Africa. Human induced warming is projected to increase the magnitude and
frequency of extreme events, whose impacts are already being felt in
vulnerable regions in sub‐Saharan Africa. Large volcanic eruptions can
reduce the global mean temperature. Similarly, the continuous injection of
microscopic particles in the upper atmosphere to artificially reduce some
of the amount of sunlight reaching the Earth's surface has been proposed as
a measure to reduce global temperature while emissions are reduced. The
impact of such actions on regional climate extremes is still unclear
especially in sub‐Saharan Africa. We analyzed climate model simulations
from the Geoengineering Large Ensemble to explore the projected impact of
artificial sunlight reduction on climate extremes sub‐Saharan Africa with
continued emissions of greenhouse gases. We found that artificially
altering the sunlight reduces mean and extreme temperatures, while the
effect on rainfall is not as linear and remains uncertain.*

Andy