Many thanks for the link .However, while the paper is convincing in term of
 theoretical orbital mechanics,  I can't find any treatment of using solar
sail  attitude alone  to manage torque and acceleration issues, for as the
authors state, it
"does not address practicality issues such as the design and deployment of
the sunshades"

The closest the seem to come to my quetioni :
" in section I in Results and Discussion, the outcome of the geoengineering
optimizations is an out-of-plane motion of the type z(t) = a sin(t + c) + b.
Thus, we then know that the sail acceleration in the out-of-plane direction
must be such that:

(19)

We may also require that the sunshade does not move away from the Sun-Earth
line, i.e. y = 0, so that the shade is always cast symmetrically over the
morning and afternoon side of the Earth. Thus,(20)

Precisely because of the two previous constraints, the control history of
the clock angle δ must then satisfy:(21)

On the other hand, the control history of the cone angle α must also
satisfy the following expression:(22)

If Eqs 21
<https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0136648#pone.0136648.e030>
 and 22
<https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0136648#pone.0136648.e031>
 are
satisfied, the shape of the motion in the z and y coordinates will be as
prescribed, and only x(t) remains to be solved."

Which is fine by way of celestial mechanics, but not much use  in terms of
how to evolve sail to keep a 100 kilometer square rigger on tation in all
kinds of space weather