The more advanced the process, the more momentum it has, and the harder it
is to stop or reverse. It's unclear whether we could arrest mass loss,
without driving the earth into a glacial period (colloquially, an ice age).
I don't think there has been any serious modelling work done on ice loss
reversal, or even if the models are capable of doing this with any useful
accuracy.