Doug,

If it where only the Greenland ice sheet that was suffering catastrophic
and irreversible change,  we might be able to relax and wait 10 to 15
years,  but every part of the world and all it's ecosystems are facing
similar destructive change,  from the coral  reefs  to the subsea
permafrost.  This is happening as the global population is heading towards
10 billion with almost everyone already at each throats.

If we delay SRM then the scale of the necessary intervention will grow with
the delay,  most likely exponentially,  and the risks of unintended
consequences or out right failure will grow accordingly. At the same time,
society could be at a point of break down making any coordinated plan
virtually impossible  and debates about agreeing on global governance
irrelevant.

Maybe some elements of the paper that was posted can be quibbled over,  but
the need to make an urgent start on SRM can't be.

Kevin