... speaking of clear communication: we plainly should admit that climate
sensitivity (how much warming per doubling CO2) is still uncertain, so the
"2.7º", probably calculated with a best estimate value, could be
considerably higher if we are unlucky with climate sensitivity.
In my view it would be better to say something like "expected 2.7 degree
but 5% chance of exceeding 4.5º" (or similar, I didn't double-check the
numbers).

Best
Claudia