Andrew
Sorry I jumped the gun.

Your article in Nature of 19 August
https://www.nature.com/articles/s43247-022-00519-1  says that attempts to
weaken tropical cyclones by ocean cooling would be futile.
I attach a note about the use of autonomous, wind-driven spray vessels to do
this and would be grateful if you could check my calculations.   The vessel
design follows the proposal by Latham to exploit the Twomey effect to increase
global reflectivity.
If you want to act when a hurricane is forecast you will be too late.  You
should have started last November. I would want vessels to cruise between
Africa and the Gulf of Mexico, an area 50 times more than your figure. I want
to do this over 200 days, 100 times longer than you suggest. We therefore
disagree by a factor of 5000!
I want to adjust vessel position and spray rate using satellite temperature
measurements to get the pattern of sea surface temperatures to approach those
given  by the Governments of surrounding countries.  They will adjust payments
to spraying contractors according to how close they can get.
I attach calculations on the vessel number required. The answer depends on a
number of assumptions for solar input, cloud fraction, boundary layer depth,
initial nuclei concentration and subsequent life of spray. These vary widely.
The ones I have used have been circulated for comment to the climate community
and I can easily change them to ones you suggest. If you accept them, the
number of vessels for moderating Atlantic hurricanes by a 2K reduction in sea
surface temperature is about 300.
Vessel design is nearly complete.  The displacement is 90 tonnes and the power
requirement 300 kW.  Flower class Corvettes were built in similar numbers but
with higher power and displacement.  If we index link Corvette cost and use the
present cost per tonne of heavy earth moving machinery we can hope that vessel
cost in full production will be about  $5million each.
I would be grateful if you could check my figures and suggest desirable
temperature patterns.   Is cooling of 2K enough?
Would you like to see calculations about sea level rise and Arctic ice and a
way to increase sea evaporation?

Stephen