Google groups has a setting allowing daily / weekly summaries. Individual
users can set up their email updates to suit their preferences.

I'm interested in feedback on the posting policy. Geo list doesn't get
anything like as much list posting as CDR does, because it's not as active
a field. We can't do much about posting frequency directly, but we can
change what's posted. Narrow posting policy means less list traffic.

Personally, I didn't think this specific thread met the threshold for list
posting, but there's always a degree of personal judgement.

Andrew