https://zephalto.com/en/

Zephalto is a start-up backed by the French spatial agency CNES that positions
itself on low-carbon and safe "space" travel in the stratosphere at 25 km. I
couldn't find what low carbon means on their web site, but I've read a French
media quoting 27 t CO2eq per passenger for one trip up to 25 km (it doesn't
sound that low ?!). Could this be a vehicle for delivering SO2 or some other
aerosol precursor to the stratosphere? The payload must be fairly small and the
cost pretty high. Smith and Wagner (2018,
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/aae98d) give a cost of
40,000 $/ton for balloons. It's worth a comparison: Zephalto annouces a ticket
price of 5000 € per passenger. Assuming a passenger weighs 80 kg, that's about
60,000 $/ton but there is probably a huge potential for saving when scaling
this up.  Worth considering if low carbon and reusable ?

Olivier