---------- Forwarded message ---------
De : <he...@aria.org.uk>
Date: mer. 8 mai 2024, 12:00
Subject: New ARIA Programme Thesis: Exploring Options for Actively Cooling
the Earth
To: <renaud.derich...@gmail.com>

Dear Renaud,

We’re pleased to share our latest programme thesis – Exploring Options for
Actively Cooling the Earth
<https://trackingservice.monday.com/tracker/link?token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJvcmlnaW5hbFVybCI6Imh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmFyaWEub3JnLnVrL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDI0LzA1L0FSSUEtQWN0aXZlbHktY29vbGluZy10aGUtZWFydGgtcHJvZ3JhbW1lLnBkZiIsImVtYWlsSWQiOiI3Y2M3MTM0Ni1jZTkxLTQ3ZTctYjRiOC01ZTQ0NzE2NDcwY2UiLCJpYXQiOjE3MTUxNjI0NDJ9.trsqhL7o_YwZ_hsqDy2z1cXdRdwgC9It5ZDbeC5cstI&r=euc1>
.

Climate change could cause global temperature to increase by several
degrees by the end of the century, precipitating climate tipping points
with dangerous and irreversible consequences. Our latest programme thesis,
led by Mark Symes, sets out a plan to explore what fundamental scientific
research is required to understand approaches that may one day be used to
delay or avert dangerous climate tipping points.

If pursued, this effort would not be a substitute for decarbonization which
is the only long-term solution to climate change. Instead, we’re looking to
build on the UK’s trusted leadership in climate science and conduct the
research required to provide critical and currently missing data, to allow
better informed decisions on the risks and benefits of such approaches.

At this stage, we’re keen to continue our dialogue with climate scientists,
ecologists, industry, funders, charities, social scientists, NGOs and
beyond. We invite you to read the thesis and share your feedback.

If you'd like to stay updated on ARIA’s work and our other emerging
programmes, follow us on x/Twitter
<https://trackingservice.monday.com/tracker/link?token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJvcmlnaW5hbFVybCI6Imh0dHBzOi8vdHdpdHRlci5jb20vQVJJQV9yZXNlYXJjaD9yZWZfc3JjPXR3c3JjJTVFZ29vZ2xlJTdDdHdjYW1wJTVFc2VycCU3Q3R3Z3IlNUVhdXRob3IiLCJlbWFpbElkIjoiN2NjNzEzNDYtY2U5MS00N2U3LWI0YjgtNWU0NDcxNjQ3MGNlIiwiaWF0IjoxNzE1MTYyNDQyfQ.5R5JirWPAZy-ogll2hVfYg_NJOPEhPiit6DMlKorJ0s&r=euc1>
and substack
<https://trackingservice.monday.com/tracker/link?token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJvcmlnaW5hbFVybCI6Imh0dHBzOi8vc3Vic3RhY2suY29tL0BhcmlhcmVzZWFyY2giLCJlbWFpbElkIjoiN2NjNzEzNDYtY2U5MS00N2U3LWI0YjgtNWU0NDcxNjQ3MGNlIiwiaWF0IjoxNzE1MTYyNDQyfQ.hOJBnKGrmeyferDwlMyfTG2xGxvhovL0Egd0ccTYrTU&r=euc1>
.

All the best,

*The ARIA Team**.*