On 11-05-19 04:28 PM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
Ok, the correct fix is to remove the NDEBUG check around the declaration
of shellCount. It was like that because what is now an exception used
to be an assertion, but we found real world input data triggering it,
and Martin Davis agreed on turning that assertion into an exception
as it due to numerical stability and can thus be handled.

Strk,

I have removed the #ifndef NDEBUG conditionals in the method (r3286)
and updated the existing ticket on the issue:

  http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/398

Best regards,