I managed to get sphinx on windows working this week:
- Python 2.7 was required
- down grade sphinx on windows to v 6.6.
- Binary install of Python Image Library (or add c++)
- latest rst2pdf (requires adding c++)

For adding c++:
- Installation of Visual C++ Express 2008 to compile rst2pdf or PIL

Did you want to try downgrading to sphinx 0.6.6?

Jody

I also