My thought is that closing outright is a bit much. If the ticket is invalid
or irrelevant that is one thing, but if it's still valid and just lacks the
resources to do act on I don't think it should be closed. It would nice if
Jira had some sort of "archive" mode but afaik it doesn't. Perhaps we could
create a special version for this purpose.

*Justin Deoliveira*
Vice President, Engineering | Boundless
jdeol...@boundlessgeo.com
@j_deolive <https://twitter.com/j_deolive>