+1

Actually it does not feel so important for me what is the minimum version but
development and testing should be done with java 7 if that is not the case
already. We have ISO/IEC27001:2005 certificate which means that we must have
java 7 in production. But I have also seen from the mailing lists that there
are people who are afraid because it is possible to run Geoserver and deegree
with java 6.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Andrea Aime wrote:

Hi,
given that java 6 has been out of support for a while now, and java 8 is out,
how do people feel about upping our minimal java requirement to java 7
on the master branches of GeoTools and GeoServer?

Pro/cons, issues you see?

Cheers
Andrea

--