On 15-09-14 18:37, Jody Garnett wrote:
> We had a productive sprint on saturday/sunday ... with a lot of hands on
> testing.
>
> Coming out of that we are down to two blockers:
>
> * GEOS-6669 <https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-6669> - looks like
> Justin is up early and has a pull request for this
> * WMS Cascade Problems - do we have a jira ticket for this?

sorry for not creating a ticket, but seeing this email, I want to let
you know of our issue with a cascading (sharpmap) wms service last week
with current rc

The capabilities (which I cannot sent you because these are all closed
layers) silently showed NO layers.
After some fiddling it appeared that the capabilities started with:

<WMS_Capabilities version="1.3.0"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.3.0/capabilities_1_3_0.xsd";
xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/wms";>

which then showed NO layers, but when I changed it to (taken from a
working service):

<WMS_Capabilities version="1.3.0" xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/wms";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wms
http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.3.0/capabilities_1_3_0.xsd";>

The layers showed up.

Anyway, hope there is better information then this .

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde