On 22/12/15 00:21, Andrea Aime wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 12:16 PM, Ben Caradoc-Davies <b...@transient.nz>
> wrote:
>> Looks like there is already a GS 2.7.6 version (naughty, naughty, Jira
>> makes is far too easy for an administrator to inadvertently add a
>> version); someone has an issue for it:
>> https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-7353
>> Comment here suggests Andrea backported to 2.7.x, so check GitHub
>> commits to confirm and change the fixVersion from 2.7.6 to 2.7.5:
>> https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/pull/1375
>
> Since GeoServer 2.7.5 was already out I had to mark the new ticket
> for 2.7.6, even if 2.7.5 was not released in Jira.
> Can you explain what's wrong with that?

I see no tag for 2.7.5 in GitHub nor a call for artifact testing. Are
you sure this issue was omitted? In the release procedure, release in
Jira is the first step. If the steps were performed out of order and you
are sure 2.7.5 has been tagged successfully, then 2.7.6 is fine if you
are sure your issue is not fixed in 2.7.5.

I see this release job for 2.7.5:
http://ares.boundlessgeo.com/jenkins/view/release/job/geoserver-release/91/consoleText

But a release job can be re-run and a new tag can be made, for example,
if there is a problem with the build. Only the publish step pushes the
tag to GitHub.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <b...@transient.nz>