Those files were all changed by my Java 8 upgrade on master. I think we
have a race condition in release-publish because it switches to master
and pulls (when I think it should only fetch) even when it is on a
non-master branch. If files that are processed in the release job
(release tag updates in poms and installers) are changed on master
between the running of release and release-publish, there may be a conflict.

I do not think this is a problem caused by Jody's concurrent release.

Andrea, I agree with your proposed solution: Ian, please try rerunning
the release job. Hopefully that will clear the workspace and resolve the
conflict.

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 22/12/15 09:26, Andrea Aime wrote:
> Hi,
> I might be wrong, but I see Jody releasing too... and I don't think that
> two releases can go out in parallel, as release and release-publish
> retain some state on a local checkout on the build server.
>
> If that's the case, you may have to redo the release job too to
> re-instate the correct state for _your_ release.
>
> Then again... maybe I'm wrong and it's something else (but don't know what)
>
> Cheers
> Andrea
>

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Ian Turton <ijtur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know why the git checkout on jenkins if failing for the 2.7.5
>> release?
>>

>> http://ares.opengeo.org/jenkins/view/release/job/geoserver-release-publish/47/console
>>
>> I don't recall ever having a problem with this step before
>>
>> Ian
>>
>> --
>> Ian Turton

Ben Caradoc-Davies <b...@transient.nz>