Hi Andrea

So, you say I do something strange/wrong... So, you are right ;-)

I developed this application with GeoServerRESTPublisher java client.
When I developed it, I had some troubles, and in trial-and-error I added
a reload()-call after creating each layer.

The JavaDoc didn't sound too bad: "Reload the target geoserver
configuration"

http://demo.geo-solutions.it/share/github/gsman/apidocs/it/geosolutions/geoserver/rest/GeoServerRESTPublisher.html#reload()

But.. as one can read more clearly here:
http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/rest/api/reload.html
there should never be a need to call reload() unless you fiddle with the
files - which I never do.

So.. when the production system grows towards 1000 layers, reload()
seems to iterate over all of them. And if you issue 10 reload() commands
in parallel as I did, things seem to break, as seen in my problem report.

I removed all calls to GeoServerRESTPublisher.reload() a few days ago
and for now everything is running smooth and I guess that my problem is
solved.

Maybe it would be an improvement to GS to synchronize the REST reload()
calls.

Thanks a lot,
Steve