I think that PDDL would be fine and that Creative Commons CC0 would be as fine

For CC0 all data inside data_dir should be in public domain already:
“You should only apply CC0 to your own work, unless you have the necessary
rights to apply CC0 to another person’s work”

I guess that the situation is the same for applying PDDL.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Andrea Aime wrote:
[Geoserver-devel] Licence for data directories

we have one pull request here that made me check the licences we are using:

I don't believe we have a licence for the data directories, but being data
instead of code,
a GPL does not seem to make sense there (and actually I believe we definitely
do not
want anything viral on data directories).

Quickly looking around this one seems to be a good fit:

Ing. Andrea Aime
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o nel/i
file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il loro utilizzo
è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio, per le finalità
indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo messaggio senza esserne
il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di darcene notizia via e-mail e di
procedere alla distruzione del messaggio stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro
sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso, divulgarlo anche in parte,
distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od utilizzarlo per finalità diverse,
costituisce comportamento contrario ai principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the
attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative
Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in
accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution,
or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except
previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail
and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The
sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy
or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission, viruses, etc.