Hi Jody,
I was not aware/did not remember... and of course you do, you have setup
those README files.

So going back to the pull request, any feeling about moving the licence in
the topmost folder so that
github can recognize it? I'm still a bit skeptical, as one could be
confused and think the entire tree falls
under the GPL

Cheers
Andrea

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garn...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>> we have one pull request here that made me check the licences we are
>> using:
>> https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/pull/1883
>>
>> I don't believe we have a licence for the data directories, but being
>> data instead of code,
>> a GPL does not seem to make sense there (and actually I believe we
>> definitely do not
>> want anything viral on data directories).
>>
>> Quickly looking around this one seems to be a good fit:
>> http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/pddl/summary/
>>
>> Opinions?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andrea
>>
>> --
>> ==
>> GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit
>> http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
>> ==
>>
>> Ing. Andrea Aime
>> @geowolf
>> Technical Lead
>>
>> GeoSolutions S.A.S.
>> Via di Montramito 3/A
>> 55054  Massarosa (LU)
>> phone: +39 0584 962313
>> fax: +39 0584 1660272
>> mob: +39  339 8844549
>>
>> http://www.geo-solutions.it
>> http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it
>>
>> *AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003*
>>
>> Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o
>> nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
>> loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
>> per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
>> messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
>> darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
>> stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
>> divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
>> utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
>> principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.
>>

>> The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely
>> for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential
>> or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
>> (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
>> Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
>> copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
>> strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
>> addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
>> immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
>> information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
>> does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
>> completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
>> made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of

==
==