I've updated the proposal with Andrea's suggestion of not passing the
context as a parameter and using out of band context like a thread local
from Spring Security)

At this point there's not a lot of API change left.  Just adding the new
interface and expanding which exceptions are thrown.

Using AcessControlException as Jody suggested bothers me a bit as the
Javadocs tie it to specific other components.  I do like the idea of
existing exception classes, although a subclass of GeoWebCacheException
would probably be less disruptive.

<smit...@draconic.ca>