Hi folks,
pull request updated and now in a stable that I'd be comfortable merging:
https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/pull/2744

Updates:

   - Simplified the code significantly, relying mostly on select2
   auto-magic conversion on an existing select
   - The Select2DropDownChoice is now a DropDownChoice subclass, so removed
   the extra special testing code
   - Added code to mimick native drop down keyboard behavior. It's not 100%
   the same, but got as close as possible (the one deviation that I'm aware
   of, if you type in a closed native select it will take into account all
   chars you typed to select the best match, this version only looks for the
   first one, e.g., has no state).
   - Added more select2 based drop downs around, but only for long lists
   (mostly based on Torbens' suggestions, but could not easily migrate the
   preview one)

I did not do a full migration, as I don't have time to test all pages one
by one, but I guess we can switch pages a bit at a time, also based on
actual need?

The code is fully javascript in the end, so not testable in WicketTester.
I've done my best to test by hand, other testers more than welcomed :-)

Cheers
Andrea

--

Regards,

Andrea Aime

==
GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V
for more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.