Hi all,

You may remember a few discussions going on in the mailing list regarding
isolated workspaces:

 * https://sourceforge.net/p/geoserver/mailman/message/35658017
 * https://sourceforge.net/p/geoserver/mailman/message/36097736

It seems that all concerns were addressed, to everyone's satisfaction. This
change was also
discussed in GeoServer PSC meeting, Nov 14th 2017 and no major concerns were
raised.

It stills not clear to me if this requires a formal proposal or not (bug fix \
new functionality ?)
but since this will be implemented in a core module of GeoServer I decided to
go ahead
and create a formal proposal for it:

 *
https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/GSIP-165---Add-isolated-workspaces-concept-to-GeoServer

The changes are small, isolated and fully backward compatible. Users will not be affected by this unless they use this functionally and external code depending on GeoServer (third parts modules, etc ...) will not be
affected by this either.

My apologies for writing the proposal late, I would like this change to land on the upcoming release (2.13-beta)
... and the code freeze is coming (February 18th), so I will gently ask for a
quick vote on this one.

Wondering, isolated workspaces have already be deeply discussed in the mailing list so I don't expect any major concern to be raised now, if the proposal don't get any -1 until the code freeze can the code be merged ?

Cheers,

Nuno Oliveira

--
Regards,
Nuno Oliveira

Nuno Miguel Carvalho Oliveira
@nmcoliveira
Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003
Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o nel/i
file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il loro utilizzo
è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio, per le finalità
indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo messaggio senza esserne
il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di darcene notizia via e-mail e di
procedere alla distruzione del messaggio stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro
sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso, divulgarlo anche in parte,
distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od utilizzarlo per finalità diverse,
costituisce comportamento contrario ai principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.
The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.