Hi Andrea,

Ian, I think that WMS/WMTS/WFS cascading never supported anything besides
> basic and maybe digest authentication.

​I can report that I did WMS Cascading​

​with Authkey successfully and it works.

So I wanted to Cascade WMTS in similar way so I can reuse tiles from the
source Geoserver and then it wasn't working wiht the same Authkey.
​
In the same line, WMTS Cascading with Basic Authentication does not work
either

Kind regards,
Steve Omondi

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 4:51 PM, Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it>
wrote:

> Ah,
> Ian, I think that WMS/WMTS/WFS cascading never supported anything besides
> basic and maybe digest authentication.
> A mechanism such as "authkey" requires the server to add the key into the
> capablilities backlinks (geoserver authkey does
> that, barring any bug), otherwise the client has to know about it, which
> defeats the purpose of the module.
> And working off the links in GetCapabilities is the standard and "correct"
> behavior.
>
> If you're talking with a server that does not add back the key into the
> caps document, then you'll need to add your own
> auth support in the client.
> Again, in the HTTP client would be best, the generic WMS/WMTS should stay
> auth unaware, there
> are just too many possible auth mechanism, best to centralize them in the
> http clients or a wrapper of them.
>
> Cheers
> Andrea
>

> On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 2:27 PM, Ian Turton <ijtur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think that code only handles the "basic" authentication whereas this
>> bug is related to authkey - so at some point someone writes authkey=xxxxx
>> into the URL, I just can't work out where.
>>
>> Ian
>>
>> On 15 April 2018 at 10:31, Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ian,
>>> I'm not too familiar with the code bases, but think that the
>>> authentication does not happen in the WMS/WMTS code, but
>>> in the HTTP client instead, e.g.:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/master/modules/lib
>>> rary/main/src/main/java/org/geotools/data/ows/SimpleHttpClient.java#L138
>>> https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/master/modules/ext
>>> ension/wms/src/main/java/org/geotools/data/ows/Multithreaded