Just my 2p,

Cheers,

Jonathan

On 2018-07-12 18:27, Andrea Aime wrote:
On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 7:21 PM, Chris Snider <chris.sni...@polarisalpha.com <mailto:chris.sni...@polarisalpha.com>> wrote:

    Just a thought;

    Many businesses and governments will grant a project authority to
    include a major level of a product, for example GeoServer 2.x.  If
    GeoServer moves to a version numbering scheme that adjusts the
    commonly viewed major version number, then these users may not be
    able to upgrade as readily.  These types of institutions have a
    longer lead time to approve major upgrades from 2.x to 3.x etc.

Wondering what do they do with popular browsers, updating their major number once every few months?

Cheers
Andrea
==

GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime @geowolf Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054 Massarosa (LU) phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339 8844549 http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it ------------------------------------------------------- /Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia. This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail./