Hi,
I did some investigation on updating our LDAP test infrastructure to be
compatible with JDK11.
The main obstacle is the embedded LDAP server (apacheds) we use for testing.

The current one uses some deprecated classes sun.*, so I tried upgrading to
a newer version.

I found that 2.0.0-Mxx versions (there is no 2.0.0 final version yet) are
compatible, but unfortunately tests execution times are not comparable (4-5
times slower), even with JDK8.

I don't think it's acceptable to have tests so slow to execute (40-50
seconds for each unit test), so unless we find a way to speed-up apacheds
start time, or migrate to a different testing solution, I would leave the
code untouched for now.

I pushed my work on branch of my fork:
https://github.com/mbarto/geoserver/tree/jdk11_ldap_test

--

Regards,

Mauro Bartolomeoli

==
GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V
for more information.
==

Dott. Mauro Bartolomeoli
@mauro_bart
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy

mobile: +39 393 904 1756
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE
2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si
precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo
contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è
riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il
messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra
operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by
European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please
notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.