Attending

Torben Barsballe

Jody Garnett

Jukka Rahkonen

Kevin Smith

Agenda

   -

   Do we want to change the time of the 19:30 UTC meeting now that Ben has
   stepped down?
   -

   OSGeo unspent budget
   -

   QGIS Export of raster symbolizer
   -

   JDK 11 Sprint follow-up
   -

      JDK 11 Blog post
      -

   2.14.1 release scheduled for this week - call for volunteers
   -

   GeoServer + GeoWebCache Doc migration

Actions from Last meeting

   -

   Discuss topics on email

Actions

   -

   Jody: Take meeting time proposal to mailing list [DONE]
   -

   Jody: Update QGIS raster export proposal - +$1.5k to budget and call for
   vote [DONE]
   -

   All: Vote on QGIS raster export proposal
   -

   All: Anyone have time to fix the outstanding JDK 11 issues?
   -

   Jody: send "release train" email for friday (since this falls on the
   weekend) [DONE]

Meeting time

   -

   Change to earlier time-slot for this meeting?
   -

      consider dropping down to half an hour
      -

   Motion: Change to 16:00 UTC for half an hour on jitsi
   -

      action: Jody taking proposal to email list.

OSGeo Unspent Budget

2018 Budget review:

   -

   GeoTools: $1.5k  - attend bonn code sprint to support JAI replacement,
   attend AGM
   -

      1.5k added by OSGeo:UK for QGIS / GeoTools interoperability
      -

   GeoServer: $1k - general project expenses
   -

   GeoWebCache: via incubation committee

Ideas for remained of 2018:

   -

   "code-sprint" t-shirts
   -

      Kevin: Maybe logos of participating projects on jigsaw puzzle pieces?
      -

   "project specific shirts" to send out to contributors
   -

      single color shirt two-color logo
      -

      "I am a GeoServer Contributor" on the front
      -

      OSGeo Project log on the back (very small)
      -

      Jody proposes picking up $1k and taking to marketing committee for
      the above
      -

   contribute to the QGIS raster symbolizer export
   -

      "add a tutorial to the geoserver manual" ← adds value to above
      -

      "add mapping between QGIS functions and GeoTools functions"? ←
      probably too much work
      -

      proposal: Add $1500 from geoserver budget to this proposal with an
      additional deliverable of a tutorial for the GeoServer manual.
      -

         action: take to existing email discussion for vote.

Start thinking about 2019 budget, need to make the request in December :)

   -

   JAI if it happens in 2019 it will be a large activity
   -

   java roadmap will be an ongoing cost
   -

      Do we want to focus on the LTS? probably
      -

      Running on last LTS and current "master" would be least risk
      -

   Send officers to AGM?
   -

   OSGeo code sprint participation?

QGIS Export of raster symbolizer

See budget discussion above, and update to proposal on Mailing list.
JDK 11 Sprint Follow-up

   -

   Jody provided an update to the board with respect to sponsorship, budget
   and osgeo hosting the event and what it means to the projects.
   -

   Aside: reporting back positive feedback from customers (impressed this
   was done at all, and that it was "done" so quickly)
   -

   Finish up sprint split-package goal and unfreezing master [DONE]
   -

      https://github.com/geotools/geotools/pull/2154,
      https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/pull/3217
      -

      What else is left - see

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oE6mU4jp-ZL5PebgXf-fuhtf7MY5dzSwPqpMtrzdZ94/edit#gid=2055024842&range=A513
      -

         App-schema split packages
         -

         ArcSDE internal split package
         -

         sqlite/spatialite split package
         -

         JAIExt scale split package
         -

      anything else
      -

         jody has a split of gt-metadata into gt-metadata and gt-util
         -

   Running up t-shirts for sprint participants
   -

      jody has taken an action to ask marketing committee for design and
      quote
      -

   Documentation
   -

      We need migration instructions for GeoTools
      -

         Turn the spreadsheet into sed script?
         -

      For GeoServer we to update the Production Considerations section for
      Java 11
      -

         https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/production/java.html
         -

   Blog post:
   -

      Publish once upgrade and production consideration docs are ready to
      link to
      -

      We have a responsibility to thank sponsors in the blog post, and
      release announcements.
      -

   Schedule a milestone “release” based on our results for sometime in
   November?
   -

      We probably want to be able to release a jar bundle compiled on Java
      11 (for both GeoTools, GeoWebCache, and GeoServer) alongside the regular
      release.
      -

      alternative: consider releasing early? RC end of december, release in
      January?
      -

         This is subject to the split-package work being completed
         -

         Writing migration documentation, and blog posts
         -

         See "actions" below, will propose if successful by the 30th

Actions:

   -

   Anyone have time?
   (May need to address via Nov 30th bug stomp - sigh)

2.14.1 GeoServer Release - Call for volunteers

   -

   Jody has volunteered
   -

   Torben as backup / GWC

Action:

   -

   sent "release train" email for friday (since this falls on the weekend)

GeoServer / GeoWebCache doc migration

Doc migration started during code sprint.

GS Doc builds fixed last week.

Swagger docs are currently broken. Planning on investigating if the swagger
docs can be hosted statically.

For GeoWebCache - geowebcache.org/docs doesn't work,
www.geowebcache.org/docs/current/index.html  does (you need the index.html
as part of the URL).