On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 8:32 AM Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it>
wrote:

> If I understand correctly, what you did is normal lazy loading, once a
> coverage is loaded, it stays in memory, you're just avoiding up front
> meaning that during encoding all coverages end up being loaded in memory.

This is exactly the problem I'm running into with the quick and dirty lazy
difficult, if not impossible, to maintain a hard reference to only one 2D
slice at a time.  I was unaware of the JAI deferred reading, I will perform
the JAI_IMAGEREAD test recommended by Daniele with the existing netcdf
plugin and see what happens. I'm also probably going to accelerate my plans
to evaluate image mosaic as an alternative to aggregation by ncml.

--
Clifford M. Harms