Hi community,
   I would like to backport to 2.16.x branch the work done for GSIP 177
"Support for vector custom dimensions", so I'm here asking for your vote.  And,
of course, I'll be glad to answer any question about.
   Related changes only take effect when configured, so backward compatibility
is expected when new functionality is not activated/configured.
   Last merge (including a small fix) was merged on Nov 18, 2019, so 1 month
cooldown seems to be done.
   Master PRs:
   https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/pull/3732
   https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/pull/3915
   2.16.x backport PR (already includes small fix commit):
   https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/pull/3911
   Links:
   GSIP:
   https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/GSIP-177
   JIRA issue:
   https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-9316
   Thanks and regards!

   ==

   Fernando Mino

   Software Engineer

   GeoSolutions S.A.S.

   Via di Montramito 3/A

   55054  Massarosa (LU)

   Italy

   phone: +39 0584 962313

   fax:     +39 0584 1660272

   http://www.geo-solutions.it

   http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

   Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE
2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa
che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli
eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i
destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per
errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei
comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.
   This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European
Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or
the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us
immediately by telephone or e-mail.