I have installed  Geoserver 2.17-RC into Tomcat 8.5.45 on  our Unix (Solaris)
dev server.
We are using an Oracle DB to store the data, so I have also installed the
oracle plugin as well.

The database connection is via JNDI configured in Tomcat.

The data is vector data served as WMS and WFS for various applications.
The Geoserver data directory is located outside the Tomcat directory structure
to simplify upgrades.

The installation process ran smoothly and all the layers were available once
the configuration was set to point to the data directory and Tomcat was
restarted.

I have had this in place for about a week now and have not encountered any
issues.

Thanks for all your work in making this software available.

Regards,
Graham Humphries

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
The information in this transmission may be confidential and/or protected by
legal professional privilege, and is intended only for the person or persons to
whom it is addressed. If you are not such a person, you are warned that any
disclosure, copying or dissemination of the information is unauthorised. If you
have received the transmission in error, please immediately contact this office
by telephone, fax or email, to inform us of the error and to enable
arrangements to be made for the destruction of the transmission, or its return
at our cost. No liability is accepted for any unauthorised use of the
information contained in this transmission.