Tony Stewart ha scritto:
> You may run into a difficulty I found labelling small polygons – the
> label will not display if it extends very far outside the bounding box
> of the polygon itself.
>

> What I was attempting was to display buildings as stylised points
> (squares)  when zoomed out, but as polygons (showing the actual shape of
> the building) when zoomed in. Labels virtually never appeared, except on
> larger buildings when you zoomed in so close that the label could fit
> over the building. That happened even at scales where the point
> symbolizer was applied.
>

> Guess it is something to do with the MIN_GOODNESS_FIT value, which may
> only be set by changing source code.

Actually there is a vendor option to control the minimum
goodness of fit, it's called "goodnessOfFit" and you can set it
to, for example:
VendorOption name="goodnessOfFit">0.2</VendorOption>
to get thin polygons to be labelled anyways (that
makes it possible to label a polygon which a label that's 5 times
larger than the polygon itself).
Hmm... but I see the documentation has not been updated.
Done that now.

Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org