On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 7:06 AM, Ted <tiruchirapa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> List,
> I have a large archive of scanned topo sheets, size around 500MB each and
> 200 sheets in total.
> Thats around 100 GB approx.
> ow, whats the best OPEN SOURCE solution to mange these images and call them
> on my web application (WMS, WMS-C...)
> Is it adviced to store them as geoTIFF in Geoserver? How is the perormance?

That's a good way. Performance is good, especially if you use version 2.1 and
install the native JAI and JAI ImageIO extensions.

> any other suggestion?  Can we store it as ECW, any licensing issues?

You need to buy a ECW server license from Erdas in order to use that format.
For just 100GB of rasters it's unlikely to be worthwhile.

Senior Software Engineer

55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy

phone: +39 0584962313