Hi Garey,

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Garey Mills <gmi...@library.berkeley.edu>wrote:

>  Daniele -
>
>     That's clear. Thank you. I got confused.
>
>     I now have GDAL installed. I can see, for example, MrSid as one of the
> format options when I am creating a store. However, putting a MrSid in an
> imagecollection does not work. I didn't expect it to becaue the
> imagecollection plugin code does not recognize the .sid extension; but what
> else would I have to do to be able to serve non-georeferenced MrSid files
> from GeoServer.

In the beginning of this thread you said that you have also added ".sid" to
the Utils's method checking the input files.
Is this "fix" still available on your deployment? I'm not sure whether this
would be enough, but as far as I remember, the code reading the files looks
for an ImageReader by querying the available SPIs. Once you have MrSID libs
working (and you did that), I guess it should work by finding a
MrSIDImageReader able to open your files.

Please, let me know.
Daniele