Hi,
A few questions to better understand your problem:
- which geoserver are you using?
- which GDAL native libs did you download?
- can you run a gdalinfo on your data and report back the output?
- can you provide us the stack trace of the exception reported by geoserver?

Please, let me know.

Best Regards,
Daniele

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 5:17 PM, DrYSG <ygutfre...@draper.com> wrote:

> I installed all the GDAL extensions, set the environment variables (win7,
> GDAL_DATA, PATH) and the Image/IO dlls (in with the GDAL binaries and on
> the
> path).
>
> I see the new options for creating these stores (Except for ECW).
>
> But when I try to add the NITF or JP2 I get this error:
>
> Could not list layers for this store, an error occurred retrieving them:
> Incorrect input type!
>
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4532007/CropperCapture%5B1%5D.jpg
>
> The JP2 is the most reasonable size, but it is 44MB.

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Software Engineer

fax:      +39 0584 962313