On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Matthias Uden <matthias.u...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it seems that there is a problem with rendering bold and/or italic fonts
> correctly which are *not* installed on the system but only put into the
> %GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR/styles folder.
>
> The GS loads the font and renders it. However, if the font-weight is
> specified as 'bold' or the font-style as 'italic' in the SLD, the display
> is not quite correct. It is, however, correct for the 'normal'
> font-style/weight.

As far as I remember when we load font from the data dir the ability to
turn then bold/italic is lost, you basically
have to refer directly to the ttf file name having the styling you desire,
eg.., Gudea-Bold.ttf.
However, not sure how you'd get a bold/italic effect, unless you also have
a file like that.

It may be a limitation in our implementation, but as far as I can see Java
itself does not allow to load more
than a single TFF file when creating a font:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/awt/Font.html#createFont%28int,%20java.io.File%29

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.

@geowolf