Hi Ben,

You should use an ImageMosaic for this.

-Bob

From: Ben Johnson [mailto:weagl...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2015 11:27 AM
To: GeoServer Mailing List List
Subject: [Geoserver-users] Best way to serve thousands of imagery files?

 I have >100,000 imagery files I would like to serve using GeoServer and would
like to know the recommended way for serving these files? I tried to just
import them all individually as files in a directory, but the GeoServer
start-up time was over 2hrs!! I also tried to create an image pyramid from the
files but could not get GeoServer to import the ImagePyramid as described in
the documentation because it would not take the ImagePyramid directory as valid
input because it wanted a file.
So what would be you guys recommended way for serving up very large data sets?
Should I be using a database?
Thanks in advance!